WHAT IT IS: Organic high-altitude lavender (lavandula augustifolia) essential oil from France is a colorless liquid displaying a complex sweet, herbacous-coumarinic bouquet with a hint of a citrus top note and a sweet balsamic-resinous undertone. Lavender is an adaptogen so it can balance the autonomic nervous system. It is highly regarded in skin and beauty care formulations. Lavender is a complementary addition to colognes, herbal bouquets, sacred perfumes, floral creations, culinary creations. This Lavender is grown above 600m and this tends to give it a higher level of linalool and linalyl acetate than those grown at lower levels. Some therapists think the higher levels of those chemicals makes this oil a stronger relaxant.
HOW TO USE IT: For dietary, aromatic or topical use. When using as a supplement, put one drop in a capsule or add to approximately 2 fl. oz. of water. Possible skin sensitivity. If pregnant or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Dilution not required; suitable for all but the most sensitive skin. Generally safe for children over 2 years of age.
WHEN TO USE IT: One of the most versatile essential oils, Lavender (lavandula augustifolia) can be used to for many conditions, including inflammation, unrest, spasm and pain, headaches, irritability, constipation, nervous tension, insomnia, palpitations and panic.
- The combination of Rosemary and Lavender (lavandula augustifolia) protects cells from free radicals and oxidative stress.
- Keep a bottle of Lavender oil in your kitchen, in case you get burned! Placing a drop of lavender oil on a new burn takes the “sting” out, and promotes skin regeneration and healing.
- Lavender is well known for being a great sleep aid. It can help soothe your children at bedtime too! Add a few drops to a stuffed animal and place it by their bed to ease them into sleep.
- Wash your pillowcases and your pajamas separately from your other clothes, and add 5-10 drops of Lavender essential oil to the load.
- Lavender (lavandula augustifolia) isn’t just a sleep aid; it’s also an antihistamine! Place 2 drops on a q-tip and swab just inside of your nose before you leave the house in Spring.
- Clean your mattress & promote sleep with Lavender oil! Add 5 drops to 1 cup baking soda, sprinkle on your mattress, vacuum up
- Applied with a wet cloth, lavender oil may soothe mild burns.
- Add to a cream, gel or milk base with inflammatory skin conditions.
- Apply directly to small cuts, insect bites (to relieve itching) and scars.
- One or two drops taken before a meal can reduce appetite.
EMOTIONAL ASPECT: Encourages the full expression and perfection of the individual self by supporting calmness and composure.
FUN FACT: Lavender has an approximate ORAC of 3,669 (TE/L).
INGREDIENTS: 100% PURE THERAPEUTIC GRADE ORGANIC LAVENDER.
15 ml. bottle