WHAT IT IS: 100% Organic myrrh essential oil is derived from the gummy resin of the small, thorny Myrrh tree and has been used for centuries for its many health benefits. Myrrh has a special affinity for the mouth and throat and can be particularly helpful used in dental and oral health care products because of its powerful cleansing abilities. It can also be added to skin products or used aromatically to promote calmness and relaxation.
HOW TO USE IT: Topically, internally, aromatically.
- Diffuse for its stress-relieving effects.
- Add a few drops to your fragrance free organic carrier oil or body lotion.
- In place of toothpaste, add a drop to your toothbrush then dip into baking soda.
- Anoint palms of hand or soles of feet for yoga, meditation or prayer.
- Rub a drop between your fingers then pull through the ends of your hair for a nature-based perfume.
- Add a drop to the base of your spine to feel more grounded.
- With PTSD and dissociative behavior, use a drop in cupped hands with deep breathing to foster more present moment awareness.
EMOTIONAL ASPECT: Cleansing, soothing, balancing. grounding.